The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
In order to operate efficiently and comply with the law, Feast Creative Ltd (‘Feast Creative’, 'JakBox', ‘organisation’, ‘we’, ‘us’) must collect information about people with whom we are in contact for professional reasons. These may include website users, buyers, art fans subscribing to our newsletters, current, past and prospective customers, employees, business partners.
This personal information must be handled and shared properly under the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’). The Act regulates the way that we handle ‘personal data’ that we collect in the course of carrying out our services and creations, and gives certain rights to people whose ‘personal data’ we may hold.
We consider that the correct treatment of ‘personal data’ is integral to our successful operations and to maintaining trust of the persons we deal with. We fully appreciate the underlying principles of the Act and support and adhere to its provisions.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner to process personal data.
Information covered by the Act
The Act uses the term ‘personal data’. For information held by Feast Creative, personal data essentially means any recorded information held by us and from which a living individual can be identified. It will include a variety of information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email and maybe other personal details. It will basically include details you provided us when purchasing online at unlimited-edition.co.uk, and more generally when contacting us for any subject of interest for you and us.
Data protection principles
We will comply with the eight enforceable data protection principles by making sure that personal data is:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for limited purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and kept up to date
- not kept longer than necessary
- processed in accordance with the individual’s rights
- not transferred to countries outside the European Economic area unless the country to which the data is to be transferred has adequate protection for the individuals
We will ensure that at least one of the following conditions are met before we process any personal data:
- the individual has consented to the processing
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual
- the processing is required under a legal obligation (other than one imposed by a contract)
- the processing is necessary to protect vital interests of the individual
- the processing is necessary to carry out public functions eg. administration of justice
- the processing is necessary in order to pursue our legitimate interests or those of third parties (unless it could unjustifiably prejudice the interests of the individual)
Under the Act, one of a set of additional conditions must be met for ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health condition, sex life, criminal proceedings or convictions. We will ensure that one of the following additional conditions are met before we process any sensitive personal data:
- the individual has explicitly consented to the processing
- we are required by law to process the information for employment purposes
- we need to process the information in order to protect the vital interests of the individual or another person
- the processing in necessary to deal with the administration of justice or legal proceedings because of legal requirements.
We will ensure at our best and as far as possible that individuals are given their rights under the Act.
No commercial disposal to third parties
Feast Creative shall not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make user data commercially available to any third party, except as described above or with your prior permission.
Our commitment to data protection
We will do our best to ensure that:
- everyone managing and handling personal information at Feast Creative understands that they are responsible for following good data protection practice
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation
- Feast Creative’s staff who handle personal information are appropriately supervised and trained
- queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with
- people know how to access their own personal information
- methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated
- any disclosure of personal data will be in compliance with approved procedures.
- we take all necessary and reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure.
- all contractors who are users of personal information supplied by Feast Creative will be required to confirm that they will abide by the requirements of the Act with regard to information supplied by us.
We have appointed a head of information compliance to lead on data protection for Feast Creative, JakBox and Unlimited Edition. This person is responsible for ensuring that the policy is effectively implemented.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website comply's to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to the users computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the users interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners, through their social media platform accounts, may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URL's [web addresses] this is an example: http://bit.ly/15Yi66p
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened url's published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine url's are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
- Information Commissioner Office
- Department of Constitutional Affairs
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 - The Guide
Contact us at:
12-13 Pratt Mews
London NW1 0AD
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44(0)20 7428 1630